GPEI is proud of the Island Gymnastics Academy that succeeded to have an All PEI competition within the Covid protocol. See the CBC link below:
GPEI clubs are now entering the Circuit Breaker phase announces by the PEI Health officials see there website https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en
Recreational facilities closed:
No organized sport and recreation
Outdoor public spaces for individual/household use with precautions
Non-contact outdoor recreational activities among one’s household (e.g. walking, cycling, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, angling, hunting) permitted
Our current 2020-21 registered clubs are:
- King County
- Island Gymnastics Academy
- Saultos Gymnastics Inc
- St Louis Gymnos
- Victory Gymnastics Center
The GPEI Annual general meeting is VIRTUAL
The Zoom link
Join Zoom Meeting
The Virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be on Wednesday October 28th at 7:30 pm.
The Zoom link will be posted in the next 48 hours
Mandatory Steps for Re-Opening on June 1 2020.
The following was approved by the Board of Directors of Gymnastics PEI in May 2020. All gymnastics clubs on Prince Edward must adhere to the following before they re-open for training.
Return to Play may advance or revert depending on the medical health advice of the PEI Public Health Office.
1. All Clubs must produce a Return to Play plan outlining, before re-opening, on how they will follow all protocols determined by the PEI Public Health Office while operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Clubs are not permitted to begin scheduled COMPETITIVE training until MONDAY JUNE 1 at the earliest, without exception (clubs may choose to open later to prepare their plan to ensure compliance).
3. Clubs must inform coaches, administrators, members, parents/guardians and participants of new protocols through their regular communication channels.
4. Clubs must post PEI Public Health Office approved hand washing and physical distancing protocols in high traffic areas e.g. main entrance door, bathrooms.
5. Clubs must ensure participants and their families are aware that they may not enter the facility if either they or a household member has had onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
6. Clubs must keep an attendance record of the names and times of everybody who enters their gym.
7. Clubs must ensure that all physical distancing requirements are met.
8. Hand washing and/or hand sanitizing, must be done before and after each rotation.
9. Clubs must ensure that respiratory etiquette is followed by advising individuals to cough or sneeze into one’s arm or a tissue.
10. Clubs must clean/sanitize gymnastics equipment between classes, where possible, and at the end of each day.
11. Once classes are over for the day and all athletes have left, all common touch surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected (mats, counters, bathrooms); this needs to be done over and above cleaning the equipment between uses.
12. Prior to coming to work (daily), staff will be required to screen via the self-assessment tool report produced by the PEI Public Health Office. They should report to their designated supervisor to determine if either they or a household member has had onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days; a log to record the self-assessment should be kept. https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/self-assessment-for-covid-19
13. Hands free coaching only (no spotting) for competitive programs – i.e. modified training needs to ensure athletes are only doing safe skills, not learning new skills which might require spotting, unless required to prevent injury.
14. Clubs must adhere to maximum numbers in the facility and training area as dictated by the PEI Public Health Office for group gatherings.
15. Clubs must eliminate pit usage for competitive programs, i.e. cover the pit with landing mats.
This activity is currently postponed, any updates will go directly to our clubs.
This event is now cancelled for 2020.
This event is cancelled for 2020